Lake Nona Retail Booms: Twelve New Businesses Opening this YearTuesday, April 23rd 2013
Lake Nona announced today that it has executed leases for a dozen new businesses at its Lake Nona Village and Lake Nona Plaza shopping centers on Narcoossee Road in south Orlando, bringing sixteen new businesses to the Lake Nona community by the end of the year.
“This collection of businesses will be another great addition to our growing community,” said Jill Rose, senior sales and leasing associate for Lake Nona. “Retailers already see the value of what a Lake Nona location brings right now, along with the promise of what will be here as the community matures.”
Lake Nona has seen a tremendous amount of growth as the major employers at Medical City open. With its breadth of commercial opportunities – from retail to office, hotel and medical office – Lake Nona offers an unmatched location for businesses. The community has also seen very robust residential growth, and was recognized in January as the best selling new home community in the Orlando market, and the 14th best selling community in the country, with over 450 homes sold in 2012.
Located on Narcoossee Road between the entrances to the Lake Nona Golf & Country Club and NorthLake Park is Lake Nona Village. Anchored by the newly opened Nona Blue – A Modern Tavern, Lake Nona Village features 70,000 square feet of retail, restaurant and outparcel space, including Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt and the Winehouse at Lake Nona.
New leases in Lake Nona Village include:
- Orlando Orthopedic Center opened its sixth location in Central Florida earlier in the year. The Lake Nona Village location offers a full range of orthopedic services, from minimally invasive surgery and physical therapy to prescription service and MRI technology.
- Lake Nona Ophthalmology is finishing its facility, and will open next month.
- A stand-alone Panera Bread restaurant has broken ground and will open later in the year.
- Heartland Dental, one of the leading dental service organizations in the United States with over 370 affiliated practices in 19 states, is under construction with one of two locations committed for the Lake Nona community.
- UCF College of Medicine will be occupying additional administrative space in Lake Nona Village.
Lake Nona’s newest shopping center, Lake Nona Plaza, is anchored by a 54,000 square-foot Publix Super Market that opened in December 2012. In addition to Publix, there is more than 25,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space, including AT&T and Publix Liquors.
In addition, new leases in the Publix-anchored Lake Nona Plaza include:
- Nona Nails specializes in pink and white, acrylic and gel nails, plus manicures and pedicures.
- Hangers Cleaners, Orlando’s premier “environmental friendly” dry cleaner, is open 7 days (same day service, Monday through Saturday) offering a wide variety of professional services that include custom dry cleaning and shirt laundry, tailoring, shoe restoration, household- wedding gown- leather- suede cleaning, and free pickup and delivery.
- Subway has opened and is serving made-to-order breakfast sandwiches, subs and salads.
- Anthony Jewelers, with 25 years experience in the jewelry business, features on-site jewelry and watch repair. They carry Pandora, Yael Designs, Vanna K and Costar designs, to name a few.
- Lake Nona Eye Associates is proud to offer all your family’s one-stop eye care needs. Come experience visual rejuvenation with Lake Nona Eye Associates.
- Lach Orthodontic Specialists A leading Orlando Orthodontist, Dr. Lach and his staff at Lach Orthodontic Specialists have called Central Florida home for over 15 years, providing exceptional patient care from their Oviedo office and coming soon their new location in Lake Nona area. Visit www.lach-ortho.com/for details.
- Heartland Dental will be under construction with their second Lake Nona location on an outparcel to Lake Nona Plaza.
- J.P. Morgan Chase will be opening up their first Lake Nona branch on the corner of Lake Nona Plaza.